The British Columbia Aboriginal Training Employment Alliance Members (BCATEAM) formerly: The First Nation Human Resource Labour Council (FNHRLC) is the “Go to Body” for Indigenous employment and training initiatives in British Columbia.
- Developing working relationships with the Province of BC, Ministries, Industry and Government
- Developing strategic relationships leading to partnerships with Industry and Government
- Lending expertise to labour market development strategies
Employment related services are provided to 203 First Nations bands in BC. This includes all citizens both on and off reserve, non-Status, and Inuit Peoples, as they relate to human resource development.
The primary elements of the BCATEAM includes but are not limited to:
- Promoting and marketing of Indigenous Peoples in the Provincial and National labour market
- Influencing social change and policy to advocate enhancement of Indigenous Peoples in the labour force
- Participating at Industry Sector tables developing alliances and partnerships
- Examining and responding to future Economic Development trends
- Portal for Government and industry engagement
- Champion for adequate resources in relation to Human Resource Development
- Providing practical information and resources to assist in the development of partnerships and relationships that lead to meaningful work for Indigenous Peoples